I want to share with you 10 tips to relieve chronic pain naturally.
If you live with chronic pain, you know how difficult it is to just get through the day. Regular household chores, getting the kids to their activities, socializing with friends, all become a strain and you wonder how you will get through tomorrow?
Your pain can be caused by a number of different things such as illness, chronic disease, a permanent condition, or even a side effect from a medication or treatment.
Whatever the reason, it’s important to figure out ways to deal with your chronic pain in a natural way. Pain medicine only masks the problem temporarily. Sure, there are times you may need it, but try natural alternatives too!
Everyday life does not slow down because you have pain—but, there are ways to help you gain control of the pain, and enjoy life again.
10 Tips to Relieve Chronic Pain Naturally and Get You Back on Track
- Practice Stress Reduction: Stress has been proven to worsen chronic pain. When you have negative feelings such as anxiety, stress, and depression, your body can become incredibly sensitive to pain. Controlling your stress allows you to stop the pain cycle before it starts. There are lots of stress reduction exercises you can practice to achieve the best results for you. Exercise, deep breathing, and even mental imagery relaxation practices can be useful. Practicing stress reduction exercises is a great way to relieve chronic pain naturally.
- Deep Breathing: This is a technique that will allow you to practice mindfulness and induce tranquility. Deep breathing allows you to adjust your focus so that when you are feeling pain, you can mindfully think of something else; this will help to reduce the amount and intensity of the pain. Deep breathing is often used alongside some forms of meditation. Close eyes, inhale deeply through nose and blow out slowly and completely. Do this for 5 minutes. This helps to lower stress and anxiety, which will ultimately decrease and relieve chronic pain naturally.
- Cut Alcohol Out of Your Lifestyle: Sleep is a healing activity which means it could be detrimental to develop sleep problems when you already have chronic pain. Similarly, pain can make sleep incredibly difficult and alcohol can actually worsen sleep problems. Avoid using alcohol as a way to deal with your chronic pain. You’re opening the door to a host of other problems.
- Talk It Out: Experts have found that one of the best ways to manage stress, depression and anxiety, is to join a support group. Talking with others who share your problems, is a natural way to alleviate some of these feelings and emotions that come with chronic pain issues. Creating bonds with others can help you feel happier, which cuts down on stress and negative feelings.
- Exercise: You know that getting regular exercise is great for your body, but it can also relieve chronic pain thanks to natural endorphins produced during exercise. Endorphins are chemicals that help improve your mood and block pain signals to the brain. If you’re looking for immediate results, exercise is one of the best options. Talk with your doctor first. If exercise hasn’t been in the picture for a while, start out slowly with 5-10 minutes daily. Try increasing this by 5 minutes each week until you are comfortably at 30 minutes of exercise daily. Regular exercise is a great way to relieve chronic pain naturally. You can do it!
- Get a Massage: Massage, one of the most pleasurable relaxing experiences you can have. Touch is therapeutic which is why massages are so popular. Chronic pain is exacerbated by tension and stress. Getting a deep tissue massage at least once a month, can help relieve this. If you can afford a regular massage, I encourage you to do this. Money well spent!
- Get 8 Hours Regularly: I know with the hustle and bustle of daily life, getting in bed early is sometimes impossible. Do your best to get to bed at a reasonable hour and allow your body to wind down before actually going to sleep. Practice deep breathing, take a warm bath, or meditate before hitting the hay. One of the worst things you can do to interrupt sleep, is getting on the computer or any other electronic for that matter. We want the brain to calm down, we don’t want to stimulate and that’s exactly what electronics do.
- Try Heat Therapy: Chronic pain can sometimes be alleviated by temperature. While ice packs are mostly used for inflamed injuries, heat can be used to soothe most other pains. A hot shower or a long soak in a warm bath can actually help relieve chronic pain caused by tension and anxiety. Try adding lavender to a bath for a calming relaxing soak, or add Epsom salt to help alleviate sore tired muscles.
- Avoid Tobacco and Smoking: I’m not going to go into all the reasons smoking is bad for your health, you already know that. But, it is important that you know smoking exacerbates circulation problems. Poor circulation means that the blood is not reaching all parts of the body, which can result in more pain.
- Stick to a Healthy Diet: I kept the best for last. A healthy diet and lifestyle can have wonderful effects on your health and your body. Nourishing the inside with real whole foods, and cutting out the processed junk, you can expect amazing results over time. Chronic pain, whether from arthritis, fibromyalgia, or some other disease or illness, is directly related to what we put into our bodies. Eating a healthy diet plays a major role in helping to relieve chronic pain naturally.
Think about what’s at the end of your fork. Did it come from nature, or was it some experiment concocted in a laboratory? Get in the habit of reading food labels. If there are more than 5 ingredients, put it back. If you can only pronounce one of those, put it back. When you allow good food in, you feel good. This is one of the simplest ways to reduce chronic pain every day.
Your health is your greatest wealth! Life is a struggle when you’re in constant pain. Let me help guide you to a better way of life.
Put your fears aside, let’s talk and together we can create a plan to help you escape from the pain in a natural and lasting way.
Schedule your Free 30 minute Complimentary Discovery Session with me today here http://bit.ly/1U7KtbU
Don’t let the pain rob you of another precious moment to enjoy the life you once had.