If you’re on a mission to lose a few pounds or many, I want to share with you five common mistakes when trying to lose weight.
First of all, whether your goal is 5 pounds or 50 pounds, you don’t have to go through the struggles many women set themselves up for.
Losing weight doesn’t have to be about starvation or deprivation. It should be a crowding out process and a slow gradual one.
For lasting weight loss, speed should not be in the scenario. I know we all want those instant results, but they’re not lasting results. You’ll be more likely to stick with some small simple changes in the beginning, rather than trying to change your lifestyle drastically.
Today, I want to share with you 5 Common Mistakes When Trying to Lose Weight.
- Not getting enough protein with meals– Protein is something we all need to build muscle and repair tissue. We also need it to help us feel full and satisfied. Make sure you get protein with every meal, including snacks. Good sources of protein include wild caught fish, organic meat, chicken, eggs, nuts and seeds. If you use protein powder, opt for a plant based brand.
- Skipping breakfast– If you think skipping breakfast is saving you lots of calories, well its backfiring! Instead of saving calories, your body thinks you are starving it, so it stores up fat, just like a bear does for the winter. These fats get deposited in places you don’t want it to. Forget bigger breasts, it’s usually farther down than that!
- Eating the wrong carbs– This is a pretty big stickler for me. Now even though I teach my clients about low carb eating, not all carbs are bad. You have to learn how to crowd out those bad carbs with good ones. For example, finding ways to add sweet potatoes, carrots, healthy grains such as quinoa, brown rice and healthy fruits. Crowd out the white breads, rice and white potatoes.
- Not adding adequate fiber to your diet– I know, sometimes adding more vegetables is the last thing you want to do, but getting that extra fiber in will allow you to feel fuller longer. You’ll feel more satisfied. Now veggies aren’t the only place you can boost your fiber. Try adding 2 tbsp. of flax seed or flax meal to your diet. Chia seeds are also a great source of fiber. Any of these can be tossed into your favorite smoothies, muffins and other recipes.
- Drinking water only when thirsty– I know water may not be your favorite go to beverage, but your body needs it. We need water for almost every bodily function we have. Most people walk around in a state of dehydration, only drinking water when they’re thirsty. Water, especially when combined with our added fiber, will give you that feeling of fullness. The next time you think you’re hungry, try drinking an 8 oz. glass of water first. Set a goal to drink half your body weight in water daily.
These are all common mistakes women make when trying to lose weight. So, if you’ve been struggling to lose weight for a while, try the tips above! I guarantee, adding one or more of these will boost your efforts and you’re confidence.
If you or someone you know has been struggling to lose weight and keep it off, schedule your Free 30 minute Complimentary Weight Loss Discovery Session today! Schedule here
Have questions? Feel free to email me at email@example.com
Let’s explore working together. I’d love to help you reach your weight loss goals!
Until next time!